Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Summer Recipes?
Anyone have any kid friendly, cool dinner recipes? I am in no mood to serve hot meals but do not know what else to make (other than standard sandwiches). If you have any winners let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My kids LOVE pinwheel sandwiches. You take the colored/flavored tortillas, put a layer of flavored cream cheese, usually I use the vegetable flavor, then a layer of lettuce leafs, then their favorite lunchmeat...usually turkey, then a thinnly sliced tomatoe, and then a cheese slice...roll them up, and toothpick them put in the fridge to set up for about an hour, and then serve them with a pickle slice, and chips. Take the "burrito type" sandwich out, and slice into little rounds, and then serve them to the kids. They love theese. Also for dessert I use the plain wheat tortillas or the white ones, and spread some fruit flavored cream cheese on them, a little dash of cinnamon, or thin slices of apple or banannas, roll up, and cut in half. Sometimes I serve with whip cream, sometimes Pnut Butter and sometimes yogurt, TONS of PROTIEN. But there is a suggestion for ya. Hope it helps.
I hear you. I hate to turn the oven on this time of year. My boys like breakfast for dinner or cooking outside with the dutch oven or grill.
Post a Comment