Saturday, November 15, 2008

tweaking the tickets



A few months ago I started a ticket system in order to encourage my boys to do or not to do certain behaviors. It worked very well. However, lately I have gotten lazy about giving them tickets and I realized that my system needed some tweaking. It was getting to be more of a hassle for me to dole out tickets all day everyday and then keep track of them.

Yesterday my friend and I were chatting while our kids were playing and we had a nice long discussion about the ticket system. She has been doing it for awhile with her kids and she had some good ideas for me. So I have reworked the system. Tickets are only given out at night and rewards are given out once a week. I compiled a list of what they can do to earn tickets each day and a list of rewards that they can buy with their tickets. I don't think this system is perfect yet, but I am going to give this version a go and see what else needs to change.

2 comments:

Blogful said...

Good system! I love that Pick up Legos is its own entry. Speaks volumes about a house of boys. Do you make them put them away when Chase starts crawling? I've been trying to think how to control the tiny toys for when Paige takes off.

Saratoga Six said...

Oooo, my boys would be working hard and fast for the video game!!!!