Front Yard
As most of you know, Scott and I bought a "fixer" just a little over a year ago. I thought I would post some pix of what we have done. We have done a lot, but there is still a lot to do.
Kitchen - Gutted the kitchen. Replaced the cabinets, countertops, flooring and appliances. We also removed some ugly track lighting, replaced it with some recessed lighting, pendant lighting over the island and added a light over the kitchen table. We painted and installed a beadboard backsplash as well. We are mostly done with the kitchen except for a few odds and ends.
Yard - Scott replaced the entire sprinkling system. Pulled out a poorly built retaining wall, got rid of a lot of lava rock, bermed part of the front yard and put in a rock wall around the juniper. The plants are all planted they just need time to fill in. In the back yard we removed huge amounts of bad concrete, laid down a lot of landscape fabric to control morning glory. I hate that stuff. The morning glory and I have had a battle all summer and I believe I have come out ahead! Put in a garden area and sandbox. The last thing we need to finish is the deck. We need to refinish it, take down a railing and build some steps. I think that will have to wait until next spring.
2 comments:
I still can't beleive what a tranformation you have made. You have turned a great house into a beautiful home. It makes me wonder what we could do with our fixer upper here!
Wow!!!! It looks fabulous!! We feel for you. As fellow "flippers" we feel your pain and the never ending punch list.
We too are landscaping currently. Ben finished the sprinkler system today. Now we have to plant the bazillion plants we purchased . . . we love diggin' holes.
Keep sending the pixs of the house. The kitchen looks amazing. Do you like the bamboo? The cabinets are beautiful.
Love it!! Stacey and Ben
Post a Comment