Have you been to this website before? They have fantastic recipes! About a year ago I signed up for their 2 week trial period and then cancelled before they charged me the yearly fee. I don't know about you, but it seems like I go through a fair amount of recipes before I find some that are keepers. There is a lot of mediocre stuff out there. The few recipes that I tried here, I really liked.
A few weeks ago I signed up again and this time I don't intend to cancel. I have not been disappointed. Although some of the recipes have a few more steps than I'm used to it is worth it. All of the recipes that I have tried have been very good! And the best part is that my kids love them! I wouldn't make these everyday of the week because of the extra steps, but a few times? You bet.
This here is Orange Chicken. A definite keeper.
This is a list of recipes I have tried and give my stamp of approval:
+ Orange-Flavored Chicken - Winner all around.
+ Best Drop Biscuits - How can you not like something that is mostly butter? Super easy.
+ Hearty Minestrone - OK, now my kids didn't like this because there was cabbage and zucchini in it, but both Scott and I thought it was great. I will make again and the boys will have to learn to like it. Easy.
+ Pork Stir-Fry with Noodles - Kids and Scott loved it. I liked it, just didn't love the taste of the sauce. Personal preference though.
+ Chicken Pot Pie with Savory Crumble Topping - Winner all around
+ Ultimate Banana Bread - Winner all around. I added chocolate chips and omitted the bananas on top.
+ Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Lemon and Chive Pan Sauce - Need to add a bit more lemon to the sauce next time. Winner all around.
+ Baked Ziti - Winner all around. Easy.
+ Chewy Sugar Cookies - Taylor made these and did a great job. Winner all around.
This is what is coming up on my monthly menu:
Black Bean Soup
Best French Onion Soup - I know the kids won't like it, but I will!
Chicken Piccata
Skillet Lasagna
Crunchy Baked Pork Chops
Chicken Fried Steak
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
John has loved this show on TV and their recipes and frequently told about the extra steps that would really make a difference. Now that I own three of their cookbooks I'm convinced. They even taught me how to improve my wheat bread and lasagna and I honestly believed I had perfected both those recipes.
Also a huge Test Kitchen fan. Gonna have to try these...
I have had fun with a lot of recipies on pintrest. I didn't realize there were so many great recipies outside of my moms cook book until now.
Post a Comment