Saturday, February 23, 2013

Getting Desperate

About a month ago, I put together this lovely Valentines decoration.  I knew I wanted to put Valentine colored candy around the candles, but I knew that whatever I put down would be eaten within hours by my boys.  As I was lamenting this to Taylor he suggested I buy Good N Plenty candies.  "They are disgusting, Mom" he said.

But he was right.  I knew my boys would not touch them. And for the last month other than playing with them they have largely left them alone.  I did find one partially chewed one in the mix, that someone had spit out.  Probably from a friend who had no idea what he was eating.

Today, I noticed that one of the pieces of candy was gnawed on.  Apparently, one of my boys is so desperate for sugar he is willing to eat the candy coating off the black licorice.



4 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is too funny!

Lisa said...

It worked and it is a cute decoration.

Blogful said...

Ha ha! I love this. You are awesome. My dad LOVES black licorice and I am sure it is because it's the only candy in the world none of us would touch.

janc@mac.com said...

Amazing -- Good and Plenty is one of my favorites and it would have been gone in a second at my house.