You make a bad decision and decide to take all 4 boys with you to buy shoes for only the oldest 2, Taylor and Bennett.
Once you are on your way you realize the youngest two didn't bother to put on shoes before you left.
At the shoe store the youngest is running around barefoot, while the second youngest is making due with 2 jumbo-sized right footed flip flops that he scrounged up in the van.
The two youngest are loudly whining the ENTIRE time that they need shoes, while I repeatedly tell them over and over through clenched teeth that they are not the ones that need new shoes. It is the ones who are wearing shoes that need them.
That is irony.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I still think you should put all these funny 'raising (rearing) 4 boys stories' into a little book. I think it would make a very cute gift for anyone raising boys! You could be the Erma Bombeck of funny little boy stories......(do you remember who Erma Bombeck is?)
I played that same game this week. It would have really been funny to have our crews in the same store. I think the store was ready to just give us shoes to get us out.
That is a riot. I can just imagine the store clerk overhearing you tell the two youngest they do NOT need new shoes while they are either barefoot or wearing two right-footed, mismatched flip flops.
I have to agree with your mom, another great story to add to a book.
Lots of great posts! Congrats on Timp and the half marathon! Glad to hear the hip is doing so well. That's funny too about the new school clothes. One of mine has tried to wear a pajama top twice in the past week.
Post a Comment