
Today I am 37 weeks pregnant, which means I am officially full term and I could technically "go" at any time. However, last time I checked babies don't do really well following any sort of calendar, they go by their own schedule. So although I am official I have a feeling he is staying put for another few weeks.
That is quite unfortunate because just the past week the really uncomfortable stage has finally hit. I think he is definitely locked and loaded and ready to go so to speak. Gone are the days of getting a decent nights sleep. I alternate between getting up several times a night to go to the bathroom and trying to find a comfortable sleeping position. This takes up most of the night and the few hours that are left are spent actually sleeping. Out of all my pregnancies this one has been the most brutal on my hips. It is quite painful for me to walk....well actually to move at all, and I feel like he has stretched, pushed, pulled and pinched every ligament, muscle and tendon possible. It will be a miracle if everything goes back to normal again.
So for my sake and for a nice "remember when" moment years down the road I think I will list what I am officially done with.
Trying desperately to walk normal in public and failing miserably.
Wearing the same two pairs of exercise pants every day.
Ligament pain in the middle of the night.
A belly that doesn't fit between things like it use to.
Sleepless nights
The scale
Trying to eat healthy and doing a rather poor job.
Waddling and hobbling
People asking how I am feeling - How do you think I feel? Big and Pregnant
Trying to fit into my normal clothes so I can feel somewhat normal and deny the weight that is hanging nicely on my hips and thighs. Not a chance in He** at this point.
Stumbling over everything on the ground because I can't see my feet and I have started shuffling.
Watching my face to see if it has started to fill out. I ask Scott occasionally if my face is getting full and he tells me no. Smart man.
Thinking that the ground is very, very far away.
Struggling mightily to get up off the ground. Talk about feeling like a beached whale.
Sitting like a pregnant person - legs splayed and slightly reclined - definitely unattractive.
Having a shelf to rest my ice cream bowl on.
Dribble stains on all of the maternity shirts.
Having opposite sleeping schedules.
Kicking in very uncomfortable places.
Peeing in a cup.
I really could go on and on, but also for my sake I definitely need to balance out the bad with the good. Despite the uncomfortable nature of pregnancy I have always felt incredibly blessed to be able to bear children. And to be honest, my pregnancies have not been that bad. So here is my list of the wonderful things that I will miss when all is said and done.
Having a new life growing in my body. My body can do that? Wow!
Watching my belly move all over the place and seeing body parts stick out. I can (and do) sit for hours and watch this show.
Getting distracted while reading because my book is bouncing all over the place.
Bennett kissing my belly good night.
Taylor feeling the baby move and saying "That is amazing!" Yes it is - absolutely amazing.
Baby hiccups
Hearing that reassuring heartbeat every time I go to the Dr.
Not having to worry if my stomach is flat.
Being able to actually fit into a bra - Yes, only a few of you will understand.
Having Scott feel and see the baby move and him saying "I can't even possibly imagine how that must feel."
Having him all to myself for nine months.
Feeling very empowered as a woman to deliver a baby, even though I am a wimp and gladly opt for an epi. :)
Feeling the first movements.
Watching the ultrasound in amazement. That is in my body? You would think by now that a baby growing in my body would be matter of fact, but it still amazes me and it always feels a bit surreal.
Buying and washing newborn clothes.
Watching my body change so dramatically.
Hearing those first newborn cries.
The anticipation of wanting to see what he looks like and hold him in my arms.
So the waiting game continues. When will the real fun begin?
2 comments:
I am SO GLAD you posted this!!! Yesterday I was in tears thinking no one can possibly relate to this misery! Thanks too for posting the good about this stage. I only wish I were closer to the end.
Yes, I hit that stage about a week ago as well. There are new places and aches I never have had before!
I don't relate to the fitting into the bra thing, but otherwise, I felt like I was reading an autobiography.
Hang in there. It's that element of surprise time, survival time, and a new chapter begins.
Post a Comment