Friday, April 29, 2016

Procrastinator

That's me.  Don't you hate it when you read your e-mail in the morning and realize the due date for the space derby ship thingy is today and you haven't done a darn thing to get it ready.  Was I reminded about it for months.  Yep.  And I did absolutely nothing about it.

So, the second Owen got home from school we had a marathon derby building afternoon.  With a lot of help from YouTube, and a sufficient amount of spray paint and wood glue, we threw one together. I'm just hoping the thing doesn't fall apart before the race is over.




3 comments:

bugnose7 said...

I think you were wishing this thing would go away. Pinewood derbys are a pain. But the kids love them.

Lisa said...

He looks happy with the finished product

janc@mac.com said...

that is amazing. Daniel had to make one of those once and spent days sanding and prepping it. When we used spray paint to finish the job it melted as soon as the paint hit the styrofoam surfaces. I was devastated. You were blessed!