Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Something to Remember

Bennett started 7th grade today.  It's a big transition going from Elementary school to Middle school and Bennett was a bit nervous about it.  So was I, to tell you the truth.  He was worried about opening his locker, getting lost amongst all the kids and having hard classes.

I was excited to hear about his first official day today when he came home, and was relieved (I think both of us were) when he reported that he didn't get lost and he was able to open his locker without help.

The next big question I asked was who did he eat lunch with?  He told me that instead of going over to eat with his friends, he saw a new kid that was eating alone, introduced himself and sat down and ate with him.


One of Ben's strong points is his ability to make friends and his sensitivity to other people's feelings.  Unlike his introverted mother who would never feel comfortable doing this,  Ben has no problem putting himself out there.  Even when he was nervous himself and could have easily gone to eat with his friends.  So proud of him.



3 comments:

Blogful said...

I teared up reading this. What a Christ-like kid! Way to go, Bennett. I also had those fears in middle school. I still remember praying like crazy that my locker would open.

janc@mac.com said...

What a kid! You must be very proud of him. I would be.

What Karen Sees said...

Taylor is not the only one growing up!!