We started the summer off with quite the schedule. I didn't really plan it that way, but as obligations started showing up, I decided at one point to cram them all in during the first 2 weeks of summer and get them all over with. Let's just rip the band aid off at once and then have a more relaxed summer.
So, we have fit in daily swim lessons for Chase, daily swim team for Owen and daily drivers ed for Taylor. Added a few doctor and dentist appointments and a couple church and soccer meetings to make things really interesting.
I also started on our summer schedule right off the bat, just to make sure the boys get to moan and complain that this summer is going to be "terrible" because they have to do jobs. I know. What a miserable life they lead.
What I have slacked off on is bedtimes. The boys have been going to bed really late and we are paying for it dearly with whining, crying and moodiness. That is next on the list to address.
Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sounds crazy busy! Funny how kids think they have it so rough when they have to do chores. We're building character, right?
Sounds crazy busy! Funny how kids think they have it so rough when they have to do chores. We're building character, right?
You inspire
Good for you. It seems like we always started off to casual and then it was hard to get any kind of schedule going.
Bless you for being a "mean mother" and teaching your children to work. They will be such great, confident adults and likely make the world a better place to live.
I think I could copy your entry and put it on my blog (except for drivers ed)
Sounds crazy. That's great that you are doing that all. You are amazing! Your blog about Chase's hair is so funny. Congrats to the graduate!
Post a Comment