Saturday, June 1, 2013

Still around...


I'm here. I really am. Just haven't taken the time to post anything lately. But here goes.


This handsome guy just finished the 7th grade. He continues to stay busy with soccer, piano, organ and hanging out with his friends.


He also likes to make grocery lists for me on the white board. How nice of him.


Ben Ben spends his time taking self-portraits of himself on my phone. When he's not busy with that he tries to stay on top of his social schedule. I need to get him his own calendar so he can keep track of all of his play dates. They are non-stop!


He loves the "Vordak the Incomprehensible" book series and I often find him reading in his bed.


Owen decided to take on whittling for two days. Inside the house. With no thought of using the trash can that was right next to him.


He is also quite the soccer player and prides himself on running down all the competition on the field. And he does. Do you like the soccer jersey he made for himself? He wanted to look like Lionel Messi. Don't know who that is? Well, you obviously don't have an older brother that idolizes him.


My birthday was somewhere in there. 37 I believe.


Chasey just finished pre-school. Wow. Can't believe I'm done with preschool age kiddos.


He also likes to spend his time adding to his collection of rocks and sticks that he keeps in the corner of the house by the back door.


Scott and I took Taylor and Bennett to see "The Piano Guys" at Abravanel Hall. They put on a great show!


The big news is that Scott turned the big 4-0. He opted for a low-key celebration with just the family and instead...


took us down to Colorado so he could ride a 50 mile straight up the side of the mountain bike race with his biking buddy. We cheered him on for the 2.8 seconds we saw him whizzing by. And that was it.


After the bike race, we drove a little further up the road and ended up at Mesa Verde National Park. Pretty cool place for adults and kids.


I mean what kid wouldn't like climbing a 30 foot ladder...


climbing up a trail with a huge drop-off on one side....


and squeezing through a tight tunnel.

Mine certainly did.

6 comments:

Blogful said...

Always wanted to see Mesa Verde. Congratulations on birthdays! Every once in a while I see little pockets of your home and it's just beautiful. You have great taste. Thanks for the blog update!

Crystal said...

Mesa Verde looks really cool. I would love to go there. We went and saw the piano guys 2 weeks ago and loved them also! They did an awesome performance, I went out and bought their CD and we love listening to it.

Lisa said...

I love that you are raising soccer players.
Mesa Verde is going on the list of places to go.

janc@mac.com said...

Mesa Verda is one of the great fun places to visit. If only you didn't have to drive that twisted canyon road for 1,000 miles to get up there. Congratulations on aging so beautifully -- both of you.

What Karen Sees said...

Great update, post more often!

bugnose7 said...

You are such great parents. You are both looking great for being soooo old.