Wednesday, January 9, 2013

All Better



It started the day after Christmas at the Kimball family party. Chase laid down on the couch smack dab in the middle of the festivities and fell asleep. That is never a good sign. When he woke up an hour later he had a fever. He was sick for couple of days and that was it. Nothing to worry about.

Scott followed quickly after with mild cold-like symptoms, but nothing else. The same thing or something totally different? Who knows.

Then they started falling like flies. A few days after Scott, Bennett got sick, but it was much worse. Low grade fever, aches, pains, dizziness, sore throat and sleeping a lot. Not good. Taylor quickly followed with more or less the same symptoms, but not exactly the same. I thought they would follow Chase's pattern and be done in 2 days. Didn't happen. They were miserable for 4 solid days. Long enough that I thought maybe they had strep. I hauled them in to the Dr. just so he could tell me that they had "flu-like" symptoms and to just wait it out.

Owen decided to join the party, but instead of getting all the yucky stuff listed above he just started in with a nasty cough and congestion. Nothing more.

It was a good solid week and a half before everyone was feeling better. Owen however decided to end it with a bang. A few days ago, I was putting all of the boys into the van to take them to the dentist to get cavities filled. Owen was the only one that didn't have any. As I was putting them in the van, Owen breaks down and starts crying and complaining that his ear hurts. Now if you know Owen, you know that he has a very high pain tolerance. He rarely complains about anything, so when he does complain you take action. I scooted off to the dentist and Scott dropped everything and took him to the InstaCare. And sure enough, double ear infections.

Luckily, I managed to stay away from it this time around. Let's hope we are done for the winter.

6 comments:

bugnose7 said...

It sounds like you were running the care center. Hope everyone gets feeling better.

What Karen Sees said...

I'm glad everyone is on the mend!

Kristy E.B. said...

That does not sound like fun!! I'm glad you stayed well so you could nurse everyone back to health. So weird that they all had such different symptoms!

Crystal said...

I hope you stay healthy. That is a crazy bug that went around your family! It's so weird how everyone can catch the same bug and exhibit different symptoms.

janc@mac.com said...

Yuck!!! So sorry. It makes this unreal moment I am enjoying in Florida right this minute feel like paradise.

Lisa said...

I hope that is the end of it. What a horrible way to spend Christmas break