Since the tomatoes are a distant memory I have branched out a bit. Forget boiling and steaming, roasted vegetables are the way to go. It takes a bit more time, but it is easy and definitely worth it!
Here are my two latest favorites. I have never been a big fan of cauliflower. It has always seemed a bit bland when steamed and a bit hard when raw. So I roasted. And you know what? I could easily eat a whole head by myself. Yum.
Slice cauliflower
Put on cookie sheet. Drizzle with a few T. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Use your hands and mix the cauly to evenly coat it. Spread out in a single layer on sheet. Bake 425 for 25-30 minutes.
I tried broccoli the other day. Um....Just as good.
Place dry broccoli on cookie sheet. Drizzle with a few T. olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands and mix the broccoli, evenly coating it. Spread out in a single layer. Bake 425 for 25-30 minutes.
Drizzle another T of olive oil onto cooked broccoli. Grate some lemon peel on top. Squeeze the lemon juice. Add 1/4 c. parmesan cheese.
What shall I roast next?
4 comments:
I discovered roasted cauliflower the other week too and my family loves it--even the kids (which is saying something)!! I think I have yet to find something roasted that I have not devoured. Heck, I would eat shoe leather it it were prepared that way. Have you tried butternut squash? It takes more time (45 minutes or so), but it gets really caramelized and delicious. Or asparagus is good, but only cook it for about 10 minutes.
That looks soooo good! I can't wait to try it.
Looks yummy, I'll have to try them both!
Oooo carrots. Try carrots! I usually roast on the stove in a pan. A little different and 2 part process, but quick and delicious just the same.
Post a Comment