Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Last Hurrah

While Scott was at the BYU game with his dad I decided to get in one last outside adventure before the snow sets in for good. We have been enjoying beautiful weather this past week and the weather forecast looks cold and crappy for the next 4 months. We got some lunch and headed out to the park for a few hours.

Photobucket

Whoops! Other than this little fall at the end of the slide and later his head getting stuck under the seat in the van, everyone was happy.

Photobucket

You may have noticed I am missing a boy. He opted for staying home *alone* and watching the football game. Sigh... my boy is growing up.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a good reminder that each phase in life is limited. Some day "park days" will end.
Poor Chase, such a sad face after such a great ride down the slide.

Amber said...

Oh poor Chasey. But I haveto ask. How in the world did he get his head stuck under the seat in the minivan? That I haveto know. And yes, they all grow up sooner rather than later.

janc@mac.com said...

What fun slides! Triple slides for your 3 boys. Enjoy it until you only have two to go and then one. Sadly the day comes when they all prefer the football game, or Wii, or something else. That sad face, though painful, is a darling photo.

Sarah said...

Sad to think the warm days are over for a while. Looks like you had fun except the fall and getting trapped, poor Chase.

Larsen said...

So...when he started screaming, was your first thought "stay right there chase, I'M GOING TO GET THE CAMERA!!" Funny. I know what your saying. Last time I babysat, I was seriously craving Mcd. fries. I asked the boys what they thought, and TAYLOR WAS READY TO PASS UP FRIES FOR FOOTBALL!! What the heck!! Maybe you could make him sign a contract that states he will never grow up into a teenager. Go straight from childhood, to manhood on a mission. Consider it....:)

What Karen Sees said...

Yes indeed, they do grow up fast, enjoy every minute while the challenges and problems are little and can be solved with a hug and a kiss to dry away the tears!

Saratoga Six said...

Darn, football over the park?! Joseph is also outgrowing the park and children's museum. Do they really have to grow up?